Saturday, June 8, 2013

Koi Watercolor Sketch Box

 I have been having issues with my traveling Winsor & Newton
watercolor set.  The size and brush are great, but I need to carry
a surface, water, towel, etc.  So I decided to try the ultra-cheap
Koi 24-watercolor pocket field sketch box.

 Its not tiny at 6" x 4 1/2" x 1" but it contains everything I need.
24 colors, a water pen I adore, sponges for blotting...

 ...even a removable palette that firmly attaches in three different
configurations.  The cover also acts as a postcard-sized easel.
My watercolor paper and small ruler/straight edge fit inside.

The colors are saturated and mixed just fine wet on wet, some
with a bit of granulation.  This sketch box is a blast! I can see
using this for a long time by refilling the wells from tubes.

No comments:

Post a Comment