Monday, September 2, 2013

Display Case Layouts

Over the next year, I'm planning on having 13 different exhibits on
display in four different display spaces, matched up with our three biology
classes (BI 101, 102, and 103).  I feel like a beginning art student
planning my thesis gallery show.  Very exciting!

The toughest displays may be the two windows that will feature
things to do indoors and outdoors during different seasons.  Each
display will be up three weeks or more, but will have to be
dismantled and stored afterwards for a full year.

A new lighted display is coming for the three Nature of Science exhibits.
Since it will have 4" depth, I need to be a bit creative on 3D layout.

Three different cases will hold the Natural History of Teaching exhibits.
They don't have lights, so I'm thinking of using striking patterns to
catch the eye.

The real highlight will be the Art of Nature exhibits in two different display
cases.  They will be bright, bold, and 3D in the larger of the two cases.

I have a ridiculously large number of art ideas, and have a feeling
the displays are going to end up a bit crowded :).

In the mean time I am posting "Coming Soon" notes and place-holding
art in the displays, they need to be done by specific dates so students
can view them as part of their classwork.

That's a huge case...Gulp!

No comments:

Post a Comment