Monday, August 19, 2013

1960s Cookbooks

My obsession with bold, colorful, food-oriented art
may have been sparked by illustrated 1960s recipes.

Now I run across the books at Goodwill and they take my breath away,
everything is so, well almost-artificial looking, its marvelous!

Sugar-painting iced cookies?  That's just like watercolors to me.

I don't know what some of these goodies are, and I don't care.
I'm just mesmerized by how they look.


This doesn't look anything like the grilled cheese I remember,
but the layout is just gorgeous.

Salad, bread, melons, tomatoes, hard-boiled eggs, and dessert
all in one photo?  This is the pinnacle of 1960s recipe art.

Everything seemed to be made in a mold.

Is that a crocheted plate cover?

 The top-down food angles were just becoming popular.

 Eggs, molded, gelatin, fruit - its a cornucopia of awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment