Friday, April 26, 2013

Walk Part I: Flowers

Its about a five mile walk from work to home, and after over a
month of bronchitis, I got a bee in my bonnet that it was time to
start doing the walk again.  It took almost two and a half hours
of wheezing and panting, but I had my camera along and
many gardens to pause and enjoy...

Tulips are giving their last gorgeous gasp.

Redolent and resplendent candytuft wafts the scent of honey.

Close to campus the gardens are wild and feral.

California poppies are already popping up, a sign of summer.

In the shade, a blue iris brightens the spot.

 Ornamental strawberries sprawl over the mulch.

 Gardens line the walking path, each with its own personality.

Passing through a housing development, the gardens are
spic and span, with bold accents.

 I wouldn't miss this character for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment